- What personal information we collect about you and how we collect it.
- Legal basis for collecting and using your personal information.
- Personal information we share with third parties.
- Automated processing, including tracking and profiling.
- Data retention, data security and data transfers.
- Your Rights.
- How to unsubscribe from email alerts that you receive.
- Details of how you may contact us.
- What personal information we collect about you and how we collect it
1.1 Information we collect about you We may collect various personal information about you, depending on which Tes Aus products and services you use and how you interact with us. This includes your full name, gender, email address, telephone number, password, details of your employment and work history, proof of identity documents, details of the licences and qualifications you hold, information included in your CV, proof of your eligibility to work in Australia, details of any criminal convictions, your payment details, your purchase history, details of your use of our products and services, details of enquiries or complaints you make and any other information you choose to share with us. For details of the technical and other information we collect about you via cookies please see sections 1.4 and 1.5 below. 1.2 Information that you provide us directly We collect personal information when you contact us, and we can identify you from the information you have provided. This can be done when you contact us by phone, email, live chat or when you sign up to use any of our services, including but not limited to when:
- You register and create a Tes ID user account;
- You use our products or services or licence our software, whether on your own behalf or on behalf of the school or other educational institution you work for;
- You post content on any of our Sites (such as on any forums or chatrooms);
- You email your CV to us, upload your CV to one of our Sites or complete an application form in connection with our recruitment services;
- You purchase a product from us (such as through the Tes Store);
- You subscribe to receive a product or service that we offer (for example, a magazine or software subscription);
- You subscribe to receive email updates from us, including job alerts, or attend a training course or other event operated by us;
- You take part in a competition or market research;
- You e-mail us directly;
- You contact us in some other way, including to enquire about one of our products or services or obtain support in connection with our products and services;
- You visit one of our Sites; and
- You make a payment or perform a transaction with us.
- Legal basis for collecting and using your personal information
Some Data Protection Laws mandate that personal information can only be used where there is a lawful basis to do so. At Tes Aus, where applicable, we rely on one or more of the following legal bases to collect and use your personal information:
- The information is necessary for the performance of the contract.
- We are using your personal information for our legitimate interests.
- We have a legal obligation to process your personal information.
- You have consented to the use of your personal information.
Where we rely on your consent to process your personal information, you can amend your email preferences at any time by logging into your account here. Further information regarding each of these legal bases is set out below. For the purpose of other Data Protection Laws where the legal basis requirement does not apply, the follow sections contain details of the purposes for which we may use your personal information. 2.1 Performance of a Contract We will use your personal information where it is necessary to perform a contract or enter into a contract with you. This includes but not limited to:
- To authenticate your identity and administer your Tes ID user account.
- To deal with your enquiries, requests, and purchases.
- To provide MyCV, Job Alert and the Quick Apply service and share with recruitment institutions where you have signed up for this service.
- To enter you into competitions or prize draws upon your request.
- To enable us to provide you with Tes Aus products and services.
2.2 Legitimate Interest We may use your personal information where we have a legitimate business interest to do so. This includes but is not limited to:
- To personalise aspects of our services to you.
- To carry out market research or surveys about our products and services.
- For marketing and strategic development purposes.
- For the proper keeping of business records.
- To provide you with updates about developments on the Sites.
2.3 Legal Obligation We will use your personal information where we are legally obliged to do so, this includes but is not limited to:
- Financial reporting and auditing purposes.
- Where we place you in a job.
- For anti-money laundering or fraud prevention, detection, and reporting.
- To maintain records of actions taken on your account.
2.4 Consent We will use your personal information where we have your consent to do so, including but not limited to:
- To provide you with direct marketing information related to information about the products and services we offer.
- To contact you about job opportunities that we believe may be relevant to you.
You can amend your email preferences at any time by logging into your account here. It is your responsibility to ensure that any information you submitted to us, including as part of the registration process for your Tes ID user account or as part of a job application, is accurate and up to date. If you believe that any information you have provided to us is out-of-date and needs to be corrected, you may amend it yourself by logging into your Tes Account, or contact us using the details in section 9 below. If you are in the UK or the EEA and would like more information on the legal basis we rely upon in processing your personal information in different data protection jurisdictions, please contact us using the details in section 9 below.
- Personal information we share with third parties
To provide the services offered on our Sites, we sometimes need to share your personal information with other subsidiaries of Tes Global Limited and other companies operating as Tes throughout the world. However, we will comply with applicable Data Protection Laws when this happens. 3.1 Tes Aus’ data processors We may share your personal information with third-party processors or suppliers that we engage with to provide us with products and services (such as our hosting providers and other ICT service providers). These third parties may need to process your personal information on our behalf to provide such services. Where this is the case, we take great care to engage reliable third parties who employ appropriate measures with regard to the security of your personal information and our business information. Critical third-party vendors used by Tes on a global basis are:
- 8×8, INC.
- Amazon.com, Inc.
- Dotdigital Group PLC.
- Fastly, Inc.
- Freshworks, Inc.
- Google LLC.
- Microsoft Corporation.
- Mimecast Services Ltd.
- Mailgun Technologies.
- Alphabet Inc. (Google).
- Zoho Corporation Pty Limited.
- Oracle Corporation (Netsuite).
- Bullhorn, Inc (Jobscience).
- Zoom Video Communications, Inc.
- Automated processing, including tracking and profiling
4.1 Opting in to be contacted about job opportunities Where you have opted in to be contacted about jobs opportunities, the personal information you have provided regarding your experience, qualifications and job interests will be used alongside your Site activity to match you to relevant roles. The purpose of this is to provide a limited, but accurate and appropriate, data set of your information to schools using Tes Aus services and features for recruitment purposes and to ensure that you are only contacted about roles relevant to you. The school will make contact with potential candidates via Tes Aus using the information we share with them, including but not limited to your name and contact details. If you do not want to be matched with jobs, untick the box found in the career preferences section on your profile. You can amend your email preferences at any time by logging into your account here.
- Record Retention, Data Security and Data Transfer
- We will only allow third parties to access your personal information where permitted by applicable Data Protection Laws. This may include where the recipients are in countries that have been held to provide an adequate level of protection for your data subjects’ rights and freedoms;
- Ensuring that appropriate safeguards are in place such as Binding Corporate Rules or Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission and/or ICO;
- There is a Data Sharing Agreement in place that allows us to transfer personal information between various Tes entities;
- Ensuring that the recipient has agreed to apply all relevant protections for your personal information as set out in the Data Protection Laws (such as by entering into the European Commission’s Model Clauses).
- Your Rights
Depending on your location, you have the right to ask Tes Aus to uphold one or more of the data subject rights granted to you by the Data Protection Laws. This may include rights to:
- Ask to access the personal information we hold about you;
- Make changes to ensure that any personal information we hold about you is accurate and up to date;
- Erase or restrict the processing of any personal information we hold about you where a legal basis is no longer applies; or
- Transfer any information we hold about you to a specified third party.
If you have any queries or complaints in relation to how we use your personal information, please contact us via the details set out in section 9 below. We will consider your query or complaint and determine whether it requires further investigation. We will notify you of the outcome of this investigation and any subsequent internal investigation. Where Tes Aus is not a data controller, you should contact the institution or entity which is the data controller in the first instance. If you are not satisfied with the way your data subject rights have been handled or you otherwise wish to make a complaint, you have the right to contact your local data protection regulator. For example:
- If you are in Australia, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner via here or by telephoning 1300 363 992; or
- If you are in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office via hereor by telephoning 0303 123 1113.
- How to unsubscribe from any email alerts that you receive
From time to time, and where you have consented for us to do so, we may use your personal information in order to send you information about Tes Aus products and services which we think may be of interest to you. If at any time, you want to unsubscribe from these communications, click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of an email, amend your email preferences by logging into your account here or please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Talk to us
The principal place of business of Tes Aus is: Suite 5.01 Level 5 83-97 Kippax Street Surry Hills NSW 2010 All comments, queries and requests relating to our use of your personal information are welcomed. If you would like to contact us, all queries should be addressed to our Customer Services at the above address; by email at email@example.com or by phone on 1800 734 758 If you live in the UK, please contact our UK Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will use all reasonable efforts to answer any questions or resolve any concerns regarding your privacy promptly.